What else can I tell you?
I ascribe the motto "follow your curiosity" which means I’m prone a wonky career path but this idiom hasn’t led me astray yet. Below are some of the diverse experiences that helped me get to this point and are setting the direction of my future path.
- I am currently the Creative Strategy Lead at the Deloitte Greenhouse and work with an awesome team of facilitators, experience designers, and technologists.
- I co-founded a community called the Design Thinking Zeal. (It's an open invitation space so message me if you want in!).
- I'm a Senior Advisor for the Atlantic Council and I work to help them rethink the way they engage, debate and discuss issues at the intersection of tech and global politics.
- Want a peek inside my brain? Listen to my interview on the Curious Humans podcast. (Tell me if you do, since I can't quite bring myself to listen to my recorded voice - it sounds so alien!)
- I have guest lectured at University of Toronto, Hyper Island and University of Southern California.
- In 2018, I wrapped up an 18-month exploratory "working sabbatical" / global year-of-learning. Ask me what I learned because I still can’t stop talking about it!
- I work with NY Times best-selling author, Carl Richards, at Behavior Gap to help develop curriculum and learning programs for financial planners.
- I'm currently learning how to dive (this kind, not scuba) and the weekly splats into the pool has become a spiritual practice in failure. If I had to give a TedTalk tomorrow, it would be about this journey!
- I studied Neuroscience, Behavioural Economics, and Human System Dynamics which help me understand the wild and wonderful ways that people, and our brains, function.
- I have an MSc in Social Psychology but don't mistake me for a stuffy academic. I wrote my thesis on stand up comedy's ability to challenge mental health stigma.
- I trained in design thinking and creative leadership at the THNK School of Creative Leadership.
- I'm a productivity coach with Caveday which helps people improve their relationship to work. Specifically, Caveday teaches people how to focus in a world of distracting workplaces... Yay for deep work! You'll never look back.
- I volunteered with Routes In, a mentorship program supporting young talent from diverse backgrounds to break into the Creative Industry.
- I founded a financial literacy book club for women called Lady Luck Money Club. Ladies, let's make your hard earned money work for you and close the gender wealth gap! #Feminist
- I learned a lot about writing and persuasion by running a ghost writing service for online dating profiles aptly named ProfileNinjas.
- I'm a closeted numbers nerd who loves data. (In a previous lifetime, I worked a freelance consultant in Program and Policy Evaluation).
- My personal heroes are: Lucille Ball (for showing me how to see the funny in the day-to-day), Freddie Mercury (for his pioneering creativity) and Michelle Obama (for her unflappable poise).
- I love summer storms at the cabin, Halloween, surprises (the good kind), people watching, Law & Order, thrift stores treasure hunts, impromptu dance parties, homemade cheesecake (the best breakfast food in my humble opinion), postcards from around the globe, people who choose to be kind even when nobody is watching,
- I'm always up for any new opportunities to think, create and grow. As a result there's a very lot list of hobbies I've dabbled in.
- Blue is my favourite colour... but I like to channel the 'Yellow Hat' to guide teams towards their own innovation breakthroughs.
- Want the hard-hitting CV detailing my professional experience and qualifications? Click here.